A History Of Innovation
The Bevers & Co. Team has a long history of innovation in the fuels supply chain. These efforts include many joint research & development initiatives with major Oil Co’s and independent distribution companies, from production, refining, pipeline, and marine transportation to wholesale distribution, retail marketing, alternative/renewable fuels, and end-user fuel and transportation management operations. Many of these initiatives resulted in industry-leading information technology solutions that empowered client fuel operations through data management, system modeling, application development and deployment, and technology integration. In examining the Bevers & Co. Team’s history over nearly forty years, the following milestones of innovation in the downstream fuels industry come to the forefront:
- Examined the technical and economic feasibility of synthetic transportation fuels from tar sands, oil shale, coal, and natural gas for Exxon, Mobile, ARCO, Alberta Energy Commission, and others.
- Evaluated scores of alternative energy production systems targeting the production of transportation fuels for the U.S. Department of Energy,
- Developed linear program model of the U.S. product pipeline system linking refining and terminal and storage operations to transportation fuel demand centers.
- 1987 —Built daily faxed fuel pricing receipt, standardization, consolidation, conversion, and re-transmission system for Union Pacific and Roadway Express. This software development project became the basis for their fuel management system.
- Developed a relational database system of the U.S. transportation fuel network that included refining and imports/exports, transportation, terminal and storage, truck delivery, and local demand by sector and NAIC.
- Contributed to refining industry consolidation through detailed market and inter-regional analyses for Conoco, Diamond Shamrock, Clark Refining, Farmland Ind., and others.
- Developed a national fleet database by NAIC, fleet size, and vehicle class composition to promote natural gas as an alternative fleet fuel for SoCal Gas.
- 1995 — Started Focus on Internet, eCommerce, and eBusiness Web-enabled Sales and Data Management Solutions for Exxon Chemical, Tetra Technologies — Specialty Chemicals and Oil & Gas Services.
- Contributed to terminal and storage industry consolidation through detailed terminal market and competitive positioning analysis for Shell Oil, Chevron, Texaco, and others.
- Developed a national distillate demand model by fuel type, sector, and U.S county or parish for Sun Refining.
- Developed and marketed Internet-based supply chain management solutions for suppliers and commercial consumers of transportation fuels, including Halliburton, Ohio DOT, Maines Paper, and others.
- Initiated the use of Qualcomm satellite communication in fuel trucks for driver and load management as well as integration with back-office systems.
- 2003 — Developed a Hand-held, Mobile Fuel application for capturing delivery data to automate electronic invoicing and management reporting.
- Built a large regional wholesale distributorship that combined the best practices of mobile fueling (Wet-hosing) full-truckload (FTL) and less-than-truckload (LTL) operations.
- Developed a fuel management system under Fuelmanager.com label which was subsequently sold to Chevron.
- Developed a “Rack” Marketing and distribution program for Lyndell Refining.
- Completed a Global Retail forecourt technology assessment, Oil demand forecast, and market growth projection by region, by country.
- Completed a wholesale distribution analysis for transportation fuels and refinery (Isla) operations assessment for the Government of Curacao.
- 2013 — Introduced Fuels Market News — the industry’s only magazine focused on the wholesale and commercial transportation fuel markets. (Sold to NACS in 2021)
- Developed a transportation fuel pricing service, EPIC Price & Data, to compete directly with Oil Price Information Service (OPIS) that included push communication, a web portal and a smartphone application for dissemination of daily pricing data.
- Performed a market, supply, and demand assessment of Central and Northern Mexico supply chains for transportation fuels imported from the U.S.
- Completed an assessment of the Permian Basin and Persian Gulf waste flared natural gas and its conversion to diesel fuel via the Fischer-Tropsch process.
- Conducted a market analysis for a new transportation fuels terminal in Central Mexico.
- Developed a “Clean Fuels” Carbon Reduction, premium additive program for Bapco, Bahrain National Oil Co. and Mexico’s commercial transportation fuels markets.